SUIT 3 JUNAIDU PLAZA BYEPASS ROAD, OFF BARUNDE EXPRESS GOMBE, GOMBE STATE NIGERIA
FACEBOOK: Jewel Environmental Initiative
Jewel Environmental Initiative (JEI), formerly known as Save Nature Initiative, is a Nigerian, secular developmental Non-Governmental Organization [NGO] operating since 2013. JEI is currently legally registered with Corporate
Affairs Commission (CAC) Nigeria as a NGO (Reg. No. CAC/IT/NO 95001).
Designing and implementing life changing development programmes and livelihood scheme that alleviate environmental degradation, climate change risks and deepening poverty in collaboration with relevant stakeholders so as to ensure holistic sustainable development.
Stakeholders inclusiveness with bottom-top approach
- Designing and implementing appropriate strategies and program activities addressing climate change and other contemporary environmental challenges, especially in the face of climate change mitigation adaptation and other environmental degradation challenges such as desertification.
- Promoting environmentally sustainable, modern and highly productive agricultural activities (Agro-forestry, backyard development, improved animal husbandry), eco-friendly businesses (like ecotourism) and better product marketing schemes.
Undertaking natural resource conservation activities (re-afforestation, area closure and woodlot) and introducing appropriate technologies for generating household energy sources.
- Establishing and supporting basic social services (like basic and primary education, promote health care services, improve Water, Sanitation and Hygiene [WASH] Services, eradication of harmful traditional practices) especially for Women and Children.
- Introducing and supporting feasible income generation schemes for community vulnerable groups, with special attention to People Living with Disabilities and Women to ensure viable and sustainable economic empowerment.
- Participating in Pre-disaster early warning and Post disaster relief and rehabilitation activities.