Environmental protection/Climate Action
We focus on tree planting campaigns and environmental education in our efforts to nurture youngsters to love nature and be conscious of the environment at a very early age and also engage traditional leaders to participate in climate action for a sustainable future.
Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/abdulmajid-abubakar-134593108
Personal blog: https://mrabdulgml.blogspot.com
We are a registered non-governmental, non-political, and non-profit-making youth-led organization championing for sustainable future, with our headquarters in Kano State, Nigeria. With our head office situated at No. 120 Trade fair complex, opposite National Social Insurance Trust fund, Kano State, Nigeria.
EEI raises awareness about the impact of Deforestation, Desertification, and Drought on the most vulnerable and degraded landscapes in dryland regions of Nigeria as a result of climate change and natural disasters, through nurturing youngsters to love nature and be conscious of the environment at a very early age. We provide climate education to students at all level, at the same time we educate the most vulnerable communities, young people, women, and children about mitigation and adaptation measures in order to build capacity and contribute to minimizing its effects on people and the planet.
Similarly, we encourage traditional leaders to partake in climate action, as they are very close to the masses and are respected the most by the people this will aid in providing local environmental governance.
A. Tree planting and climate education to school pupils
B. She can plant a tree (Just for out of school kids)
C. Sensitization campaign to Traditional leaders
D. Community action against plastic waste Engaging youths in community service initiatives
E. Litter free environment a campaign to public places like parks, market and streets
F. Youth Capacity building (Pathway to Sustainable Development Goals) introducing the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to university students
1. To prevent the unnecessary cutting/chopping down tree
2. To promote the sustenance and maintenance of a Green and Clean Environment across Nigeria
3. To maintain the wellbeing of any kind of Green plantations and trees
4. To promote and support the designation of a day or days for sanitation exercises
5. To help inculcate the culture of Cleaner and Greener environment to school pupils/students, so as to raise environmentally friendly generation
6. To create awareness on the causes and consequences of Climate Change and prepare all stakeholders to live with impacts of Climate Change and empower them to take appropriate actions to adopt more sustainable lifestyle
7. To help in combating the adverse effect of Droughts and Desertification
8. To assist smallholder farmers in regenerating indigenous trees.